Monday, December 13, 2010

Tuesday - Old Man Winter is up to his tricks again. Tomorrow, the entire school is participating in the Holiday Tag-stravaganza outdoor activity from 1:45 - 3:15. Based on what I see out my window today, and the weather reports for tomorrow, please ensure students are dressed warmly and ready for the wind. Scarves, and layers of shirts and sweaters are always a good idea. It is much better to take something off, then to wish you'd brought more. Concert Reminder (Oops!) - The concert on Wednesday has two performances, 1:45 and 6:30. I think I've been saying 7pm, so my bad on that one. If students are here by 6:15, that should give us plenty of time to get settled and be ready to go. As far as dress goes, our song is fun and I think red and green fits the bill nicely. Some students are also singing in the French choir and have been asked to wear white and black. That's fine too! Deadlines/Tests - We are scheduled to have a test on adding and subtracting on Thursday. Narratives are due on Friday. We are working hard to ensure our units of study are complete this week so that we can start fresh in January. Plus, no homework!!!! For a little spelling practice - http://www.kidsspell.com/ This is a soccer game that uses math to score points. There are a lot of options as to difficulty of questions and number sense concepts. http://www.funbrain.com/fractop/index.html Here's another that uses baseball http://www.funbrain.com/math/index.html For the grade 4s, and a little extra challenge for the 3s, 4 digit subtraction. http://www.aaamath.com/B/sub38gx1.htm I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but here are the words for the song we are performing at the concert on Wednesday: Nuttin' For Christmas :(S. Tepper, R. Bennett, 1955) I broke my bat on Johnny's head; Somebody snitched on me. I hid a frog in sister's bed; Somebody snitched on me. I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug; I made Tommy eat a bug; Bought some gum with a penny slug; Somebody snitched on me. Oh, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad. I put a tack on teacher's chair Somebody snitched on me. I tied a knot in Susie's hair Somebody snitched on me. I did a dance on Mommy's plants Climbed a tree and tore my pants Filled the sugar bowl with ants Somebody snitched on me. So, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas' Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad. I won't be seeing Santa Claus; Somebody snitched on me. He won't come visit me because Somebody snitched on me. Next year I'll be going straight; Next year I'll be good, just wait I'd start now, but it's too late; Somebody snitched on me. Have a good night, and stay warm!